ViaSyst data protection policy
1. Scope of application and applicable law
The ViaSyst data protection regulations govern the handling of data, especially of personal data, with regard of their collection, use and connection.
For the handling of data, ViaSyst bases on the Swiss Data Protection Law and on the EU General Data Protection Regulation) (“GDPR”).
Depending on the contractual situation, ViaSyst may act either as data controller or data processor.
By entering into contract with ViaSyst or by acceptance and acknowledgement of the data protection declaration, you agree with the use of the data.
2. Data handling
a. What is ViaSyst using the data for?
Collected data are used to
- above all provide users the best possible service,
- analyze trends and user behavior,
- communicate with (potential) users (e.g. newsletters, social medias),
- improve the user’s experience by personalization.
The collected data will neither be sold nor disclosed to third parties.
b. What data may be collected by ViaSyst?
i. Anonymous Data
The access data concerned are typically (but not limited to) the following ones:
Client- and Server-IP-address
- Date and time of the access
- Duration of stay
- Name of the called-up file
- Access status
- Page and source from which the access was performed
- Server Port
- User Name
- User Agent
- Win32 Status
- URI Stem/Query
When using analysis- and online marketing on this website, the following additional data is collected:
- User behavior on the website
- Demographic characteristics and search criteria
- Browsing habits
- Search queries
ViaSyst uses anonymous data alone or in combination with personal data.
ViaSyst may collect directly personal data (see 2.c.i below) such as (but not limited to):
- Name and first name
- Work address & country
In the log-in section or in case of actions taken by you with information about yourself (such as forms), other personal information like user behavior and interests, can be collected by ViaSyst.
c. How is ViaSyst collecting data?
i. Data collected directly
- Data collected from
- application forms on viasyt.com
- business partners and contracting parties within the framework of our
- publicly available information (e.g. websites, social medias, mailing lists).
- Data about users per Logfiles. A logfile is a file used to record processes running on computers and networks. Logfiles are important sources of information to analyze the user behavior of web visitors.
- Data about users by Cookies. Cookies are text files containing information to identify returning visitors on the website.
ii. Data obtained by third parties
- ViaSyst may receive personal data from third parties as part of the services ViaSyst provides.
- When executing mandates conferred by clients, ViaSyst may act as a data processor with respect to data received from the client. In such cases, the processing to be executed by ViaSyst will be regulated by contract between ViaSyst and the client, which considers the requirements listed under article 28 of the GDPR.
d. Data security
Collected data are protected from unauthorized access by modern technology.
For this purpose, ViaSyst has taken the necessary and appropriate technical as well as organizational measures.
Employees with access permission on data are trained in handling anonymous and personal data.
e. Data storage
ViaSyst is storing personal data as long as required to fulfil the intended purpose.
f. Website and Apps
On its website, ViaSyst is using the following analytical tool: Google Analytics (Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA)
g. Online marketing
For online marketing purposes, ViaSyst is using the following providers:
- AcyMailing Email Marketing: Emails & Newsletters for Joomla
- MailChimp – Email, Marketing Automation
- Google analytics
3. Opt-out possibility
You may unsubscribe from receiving the newsletter at any time. For this, please use the link added in the footer of each e-mail.
Some tool providers permit inactivating Cookies explicitly and only for a specific tool. Here you find a selection:
There is also the possibility to directly manage or deactivate further Cookies of numerous providers. For instance, Your Online Choices is such a tool: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices.
You finally have the right to ask ViaSyst to delete your personal information, to the extent that ViaSyst has no legal and/or contractual obligations to keep such personal information.
You have the possibility to call for any information at ViaSyst about your stored data, their origin, about recipients of the data and about the purpose of data storage.
You are entitled to demand correction or deletion of incorrect data.
In case you want to know which personal data ViaSyst has filed about you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
ViaSyst data protection policy
23rd May 2018
ViaSyst Synergy Services SA (ViaSyst)
Ch. des Côtes 4
CH-1020 Renens (Lausanne)