ISO published the revised Annex SL – the common framework for any MS standard
Annex SL is the code name for the common structure and text applicable to any ISO management system standard (MSS) – which has been adopted by almost all concerned standards like 9001, 14001, 22000, 27001, 45001, …
The previous (and first) version of Annex SL was published in 2012, almost 10 years ago. After a revision process initiated in 2018, the revised version has now been published early May 2021.
What are the changes and what is going to be the impact on the existing MSSs?
Here a summary of the changes we identified:
- General: “continual” improvement is back
- 4.1 & 9.3 deletion of “to its strategic direction”
- 4.2 addition of “which of these requirements will be addressed through the XXX management system.”
- 6.2 objectives new shall “be available as documented information”
- 7.2 new “Appropriate documented information shall be available as evidence of competence.”
- 9.3 the management review shall new include “changes in needs and expectations of interested parties that are relevant to the XXX management system“
Short: minor changes & no significant impact on the existing MSSs to be expected – i.e. any revision, like the pending decision whether to revise 9001 or not, will have to find another justification!
Through Didier BLANC, ViaSyst is involved as international expert in 2 major Annex SL based MSSs: 9001 & 22000.